Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A little update

Jackson's PT seems very determined that he needs a gait trainer ASAP, which I agree with. We have been waiting forever to get a trial of the Mulholland Walkabout. I am pretty sure that this will be the best gait trainer for Jackson's needs (most are not supportive enough for his trunk and head), but I really want to be sure. A gait trainer is very expensive and I don't want to get one if we are not going to be able to use it. Jackson already has a positioning chair that he is not able to use because it is uncomfortable for him.

We have also decided to go ahead and purchase the e-stim unit out-of-pocket (another insurance denial!) because I think it could really help to wake up, strengthen, and re-educate Jackson's muscles.

He seems to be doing ok with the meds changes...no noticeable differences yet, good or bad.