Thursday, January 5, 2012

First 2012 post :)

Happy New Year!

Big news this week is that Jackson had his first overnight respite.  We took him to Misericordia, which is only a 5 minute drive from our house.  It was just one night to get him acquainted with them and them with him.  We will probably start doing longer stays.

He was kinda pissed off when we left him and he fell asleep (on purpose--he does that when he is upset or doesn't want to deal with something)before we went.

He did activities like art and sensory room.  We called him and spoke with him that evening.  The nurse said he was smiling big while we were talking to him.  I asked him if he had a good time he said yes.  I asked him if he would want to stay overnight again and he said yes to that too. Yay!!

We all missed him a lot!  In the mornings I put on shows for Jackson and Zoe told me "Jackson needs a new show".  I had to remind her that Jackson wasn't here and she was really surprised!  She did enjoy some extra attention though.

It's funny that I really don't usually feel like I have to do that much extra work to take care of him.  But when he is gone is when I start to realize that it really is a lot of extra stuff that needs to happen to keep him well.  It is nice to get a little break.