Saturday, September 22, 2007

Little bus snafu

Jackson's bus nurse called in sick on Friday. I had a doctor's appointment and could not take him to school. I debated if I should just take him with me to the doctor's and have him miss school, but decided to send him on the bus anyway. The class nurse called while he was at school and told Lee that since we now have doctor's orders that he needs a nurse on the bus, he is not allowed to ride the bus without one. They will not provide a substitute nurse unless they have advanced notice that she will be out.

The thing is, he does not actually need a nurse. He just needs someone who isn't a flipping moron to watch him. But it's kind of hard to get a doctor to write an order for that!

They did allow him to ride the bus home because I could not get there in time and I had the van with me.

I guess I will get the doctor to rewrite the orders to say that he can ride without a nurse in a pinch but not on a regular basis.