Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We had some excitement during therapy yesterday

Jackson's button fell out!!

I noticed he had some wetness on his tummy but I thought it was just drool (he drools a lot in PT). A little later I noticed his shirt was wet and brownish...well then I thought the button was just open and leaking so I lifted up his shirt and the button fell right out! His PT and OT were quite shocked to see that!!! So was I but not as much as they were.

The balloon was intact but low, and it was way past time for me to change it out anyway. I took his bib off and put it over the stoma because it was leaking a lot and told his OT to hold it there while I ran to grab the bag on his chair in the other room. Luckily I carry an extra button, syringe, and lube in there. I changed it out really fast without any problems. Also, luckily I have a full change of clothes in the bag too as his whole outfit was rather pukey smelling.