Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm so proud of him!

We had asked our PT for a trial of a new gait trainer that came out called the KidWalk. When we got to therapy today, it was there waiting for him. I really like it!

First the therapists tried him in it with his TLSO and knee immobilizers. It was the smaller size Kidwalk and the thing that goes around his waist would not fit around his TLSO. So they took off his TLSO and put him in it. He seemed really comfortable in it, which is huge for him. He wasn't even drooly or bubbly and he was up for most of an hour.

I liked that it can lean backwards a little bit, that is what Jackson needs. Once they got him in it (which is a bit tricky) they took off his knee immobilizers. He was able to take small steps with his right foot! He was not able to get that left one moving though. But for his first time in it, I thought it was great. I could tell he was trying very hard too. I was proud of him!

I took a couple pics with my phone. If I knew they were going to be doing that today I would have brought a real camera. Hopefully it will still be there next week.

This was as they were still trying to get it adjusted for him.
Photobucket