Thursday, February 26, 2009

Switch adapted toys

So Jackson has really been getting into this relatively new show on Noggin called Yo Gabba Gabba. It is a really unusual show. I like it...but it is really crazy! There is a character on the show named Brobee. One of my online friends said her Target had dancing Brobee dolls on clearance after Christmas for $9. I went to 2 different Targets here, but they did not have any. My friend actually went out and got me one and sent it to me from Arizona! How cool is that!

Because Jackson is too physically limited, he is not able to play with 99% of regular toys...and about 99.9% of age-appropriate regular toys. So I am getting good at adapting toys so that he can operate them by himself using a special switch. I used this tutorial to learn. It really isn't hard, the hardest part was learning how to solder well. And it doesn't take long either.

Here he is when I first adapted the toy for him:

Now Jackson loves his Brobee. Even when he is not making Brobee sing and dance, he likes to hold his hand. Is that sweet or what!?