Monday, August 31, 2009

Jackson's first day at school

He was quite nervous I think, which I would probably be too, starting out on the first day at his new school. He was also kind of sleepy. He does not like his purple loaner chair (not because it's purple but because it is not as comfortable) so he was not feeling too smiley.


The bus driver was very nice, as was the aide on the bus, but I will be happier when he has a nurse to watch over him. They did not realize he needed a nurse on the bus and it might take a little while to find someone, so they are working on it.

Lee and I (and Miss Z) went up to school to get him settled in. They had a nice little flag ceremony since it was the first day. Jackson was still asleep but woke up soon after I got there. I spoke with the nurse to get the feeds and the meds all straight. Since he has gym first period, we decided that we were going to start his breakfast before he gets on the bus. Then he can be all done and ready for gym when he gets to school.




He was making a few smiles before we left, including a beautiful smile when one of the aides in the class introduced herself. I am so proud of him for this because it is something that we had been working on and talking about (smiling as a way of greeting people) but I had never actually seen him do it unprompted...yay Jackson!