Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I am very happy with Jackson's new school so far

The principal just called to give me an update on how things are going with finding a van to transport Jackson to and from school (He needs to have air conditioning on the bus and their buses do not have it). She has narrowed it down to 3 companies and is just waiting to hear back from them. He is probably going to be taking a taxi to school...the district deals with several companies that have divisions just to transport kids to and from school.

His IEP also states that he needs a nurse on the bus with him. She was hoping that I would be ok with a very trusted and experienced aide riding with him since she is having trouble finding an LPN. I told her I would be fine with that unless something happens that makes me become not ok with it. She said she completely understands that and hopes that I will come to her immediately if I have any concerns or problems with the aide, including just any personality problems.

She also invited me up to observe Jackson's class any time I wanted to. I would love to do this, I just need to figure out what to do with miss crankypants for a few hours. Any volunteers? :)