Friday, June 11, 2010

blablablablabla!

Oh what a crazy day!  I had to take the van into the shop to get the AC looked at today.  Made an appointment for 10 and left with plenty of time but my stupid navigation system sent me all sorts of wrong ways and then said I had arrived when I was still about 20 minutes away! Meanwhile as I am trying to figure out where the heck I am, the school nurse called with questions about Jackson's feedings.  The regular nurse retired at the end of the school year so this was a nurse that had taken over for her, although she has been at the school for a while.

When I finally got there, I sat and sat and sat and waited and 2 hours later they still hadn't even looked at the car!   The guy came into the waiting room and said all his guys went to lunch and it would be another hour and a half!!  Ok why did I even bother making an appointment?!!  I complained to someone who was obviously higher up than the guy I was talking to at first and they got it done in 30 minutes.  Grrrr! And I should mention they were not actually fixing the problem, they were only making sure they knew what the problem was so they can order the parts which will then need to be installed when they arrive in about a week.

Lee was home with Zoe and he had to cancel some appointments because it took so long for me to get back.  It was so hot and muggy today, I sure could have used the AC on the way home.  Then once I did get home I had to grab up Zoe and run to the grocery store before Jackson got home from school.  It is so much easier to only take one kid with me and not have to push the wheelchair while pulling the cart.  He had been off school for the last 2 days and I had been sick on Tuesday when I had originally planned to go so by now we were low on everything.  And it's the weekend so if I waited I would have had to do the push-pull with Jackson tomorrow.

So then I got all the groceries (did I mention I forgot to bring my list!) loaded into the house and put away and I was about to sit down and relax when the phone rang.  It was Jackson's school.  The AC on the bus had broken and they wanted to know if I wanted to come pick him up.  I asked how long of a bus ride it would be and they said 45 minutes so I did go pick him up so he wouldn't have to spend that much time on a super hot bus.  Instead he got to spend 10 minutes in our slightly less hot van.  (I should mention that I really like the aide they have on the bus for him.  She was the one who let them know to call me to see what to do and she waited with him inside the school and brought him out to the car when she saw me pull up.)

So I got him into the house and was about to give him water.  I looked on the back of his chair for his pump and guess what...  It wasn't there!  I called the school hoping that they would still be there.  Luckily they were.  Yes, the nurse had the pump in her office and had forgot to put it back on the chair when she was finished rinsing it.  But she offered to bring it to us....YAY!!  I was so relieved I did not have to get the kids back in the car and go get it.  And we could not have done without it all weekend.

The other frustrating thing that was going on at the same time is that our halogen light in our living room had broken for good last week. I spent all week trying to find another very bright floor lamp since we have no overhead lighting in the living room, that is the main light source for the room we spend the most time in.  I ordered one I liked and it had come today.  I was trying to put it together but the very last part would not go together...the little tiny parts were bent somehow and just wouldn't slide into place.  Of course it was 30 minutes after the company had closed for the weekend so I have to wait in the dark until Monday to see what to do.

Hopefully the rest of this evening will be smooth sailing! ;)