Friday, October 10, 2008

For the first time...

I wish we had a suction machine for Jackson. We were supposed to have gotten one before he was discharged from the hospital but it got overlooked and honestly 99.99% of the time he does not need one anyway.

He was sick last week and we kept him out of school a couple days which I hate to do since he loves it so much. He is feeling better now, but he has lingering mucous which he keeps coughing up...and then swallowing back down, yuck! Besides just the breathing issues this causes, it makes him way more likely to vomit which has its own set of problems. It's heartbreaking to see him trying to clear his throat when it really gets bad. Yesterday I had a choking 5 year old on one side of me and a wailing 2.5 week old on the other side. Yikes!!

He has an especially rough time in the mornings when he first wakes up. It makes it really hard to decide if he is ok to go to school or not since he only has an hour or so from the time we get him up to the time we go wait for the bus. I almost kept him home today, but I am glad I didn't because he did fine once he got done choking up the AM phlegm.

The school PT called today and said that she did not want to stand him up because of all the trouble he has been having. I think that was the first time I actually agreed with her on something. He definitely hasn't been standing at home, partially because he has been gaggier than normal and partially because I am technically not supposed to be lifting him until I get cleared by the doctor (and our loaner lift doesn't work with our stander).