Saturday, October 4, 2008

A first...me and two kids running errands!

We did pretty well, I was impressed with myself. Just getting out of the house with 2 non mobile kids is tricky. I first put Zoe in her car seat and put her by the front door. Then I got Jackson in his chair and wheeled him out the back door (where the ramp is) and around to the front door, where I parked him and went in to grab Zoe. I took Zoe to the car and got her in and then came back for Jackson.

First we went to the pet store to get an aquarium filter. (We are downsizing our aquarium to make more room.) I brought our Beco Butterfly Baby carrier and that worked out really well, although I also had the New Native Sling (old faithful!) in the diaper bag just in case. Otherwise I would be stuck pulling a cart with the baby seat in it while pushing Jackson's wheelchair at the same time and have to worry about watching both kids at once...this way one is always stuck to me which is less to worry about.

Then we went to the baby store to get a few more warm one-piece sleepers for Zoe and to look at baby swings because Jackson's old swing doesn't quite work right after all this time in storage. (Didn't buy one though, I didn't like what they had.) It went a little less smoothly than the pet store but it was still fine. Luckily the weather was nice, if it had been raining it would have been hard.

By the time we got home I had 2 sleeping kids. Yay!

What I really want is a way to snap Zoe's car seat onto Jackson's wheelchair somehow. If there are any genius fabricators out there who would like to invent this for us, we would be really grateful! ; )