Wednesday, December 3, 2008

TMI maybe...

So you can skip this post if you are easily grossed out! ;-)

Monday when Jackson came home from school, I fed him as normal and then took him out of his chair and changed his diaper. As I was changing him, I noticed a huge lump in his stomach to the right of his belly button. I mean the thing was HUGE! And it was hard. And it seemed like it was a little sensitive when I pressed on it, but didn't really seem painful.

So my friends were thinking it could be a hernia and that is also what the doctor's office said when I called them. So I made an appointment to take him in, but unfortunately they could not see him until Tuesday afternoon which is his therapy time so I cancelled therapy because at the time I really wanted him to get looked at.

Well, it turned out that he had just been backed up with poo! He had 3 good size poops that evening and his stomach was back to normal by bedtime. He has been backed up before, but I have never seen a lump like that before.

I tried to get therapy rescheduled but I couldn't get in touch with the therapist in time. Oh well.