Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ugliness

Yesterday was Jackson's first day at ESY (summer school). He rides the bus to school, which picks him up in front of our house. There are often impatient obnoxious people who are angry to be stuck behind a school bus making a stop. They will honk their horns like that is actually going make the bus move faster. Lee puts Jackson on the bus and he has no patience for this. He will tell the people where they can go. Most of the time they will shut up after that.

Yesterday we had the most evil woman honking. She had her own son in the car with her, I would guess he was about 12 or so. She did not like it when Lee told her what she can do with her horn. She started calling Lee names (which did not bother him in the least). Then she started calling Jackson names!! This made Lee pretty angry as you can imagine. He spit on her car.

All this time I was inside with Zoe, getting her breakfast. I hear all the commotion and thought I better go see what was going on so Zoe and I went out. By this time the woman had left her car in the middle of the street blocking traffic (the school bus had left already) and was marching angrily up to our house with her son following behind her. She saw me come out and started yelling at me that I better get my husband because he spit on her car. Then she walks up our front stairs and spits on our house. The she starts yelling at Lee "I hope you hit me, I'll have you arrested!" Of course Lee never even made a move like he was going to hit her, she was just a nutjob.

She was still out there when Lee left for work (I guess she wasn't in such a hurry that she had to honk at the bus after all!) and yelled that she had called the police. Lee was just like "good". I am sure everyone on our street saw what happened anyway. We never heard from the police so either she was lying or else they could tell what a nut she was and told her to go away.

I called the police myself later just to see if there was anything we could do if this happened again. They said unfortunately they can't do anything about honking and name calling, but if she makes any kind of threats to get the plate # and she can be arrested for assault.

Luckily we did not see her today.