Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

It was nice. My mom, her husband, and my brother came into town to spend the holiday with us. Jackson was really sleepy Christmas morning so we only opened some of his presents before he fell asleep and then saved the rest for later on when he was feeling more awake. His big present was a twin sized futon (that he is lying on in these pics) so he can be off the floor but still lie flat. He also got a new ipod (his was very old and wouldn't hold a charge) that has video capabilities. He got a computer game and some clothes, a little toy dinosaur (that I can switch-adapt when I find my soldering kit), and a lot of books. You can see he could barely keep his eyes open in this last picture. That's when we decided to save the rest of his presents for later.





Zoe was so funny. She got the first thing out of her stocking ( a big flower) and she was happy as could be with it, then wandered off to play not realizing there was a lot more. She got a rocking Rody horse, a Tinkerbell chair, a play tent, some clothes, an aquadoodle, and a big bead maze toy. She was completely overstimulated and also happened to be getting her molars in so she did have a few melt-downs, but overall she enjoyed all the attention.














The bead maze: It was to be Jackson's present 5 years ago. It was ordered before he got sick and it came while he was in the hospital. He was pretty much unconcious during Christmas that year and it quickly became apparent that he was not going to be playing with it. We just put it away in the basement still in its original packaging where it remained until this year. I'm glad that we finally have a use for it but it is a bit bittersweet as I am sure you can imagine.

Anyway, I thought I'd show off this cute picture of Jackson (for Christmas cards) since he was sleeping for the pics on Christmas day.


Also, I apologize for the way the pics are arranged on the page...blogger changed something a while back and I am finding it really hard to get things right with the layout anymore. :(

Boo, Blogger, boo!!! :(