Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thank you Tiffany!

How did we live before the internet? Seriously!!

One of my online friends (a friend who I know only online, I have never met in person, and I am not likely ever to meet in person) saw my blog post about the zantac and gave me a great tip...JELLO SHOTS!! She said make them with less water so they gel up more firmly. Make half with a dose of zantac in them and half without. Every day give her one without the medicine and one with the medicine. I had a little extra zantac left after our failed experiment and a box of jello (sugar free, not even the real stuff!) so I gave it a try.

Miss pickypants did not even want to try the first bite of jello but I did get her to eat a little and she loved it and ate the rest quickly. But the real test came after dinner when it was time for the one with the medicine in it. Not only did she eat it without any problems, she actually asked for more!!

We shall see if she continues to like it. She is kind of funny about what she will eat and sometimes decides to refuse things she loved before. I made 5 medicine doses. So if she does take all the doses, then next month we can go ahead and buy the zantac again instead of the pepcid.