Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's happening with us

Zoe just had a serious word explosion and now says so many new things. "Up" is a huge one and "help" is another one I hear a lot. She is so smart and knows so much!! I was changing her after she got up this morning and she heard Lee in the other room. She looked at me wanting to know what it was she heard. I said "that's Daddy". She then kissed her hand and made a throwing motion to throw it to Daddy! I said, "That is so sweet, Daddy will be tickled to hear about that". Then she started tickling herself!!

And right this minute Jackson is watching Super Why on TV. It's an episode with Santa in it. Zoe just looked at the TV and said "Ho ho ho"!

I don't think the jello thing with the meds is going to work out unfortunately. The good news is that today I got some clarification on our new insurance plan and it is not as bad as I thought it would be. There is a big deductible that has to be met by the whole family and after that, everything is covered 100%. Jackson will mostly meet the whole deductible himself (which we will be reimbursed by his settlement for) and then everything for the whole family is covered 100%. It's only been 20 days and we have nearly half the deductible met already.

Jackson is doing well for the most part. He had a big barf at school today so I had to wash his chair down when he came home. But that is pretty rare. He is going on a field trip to the children's museum Friday and Lee is going with them. Hopefully he will have fun, that kind of thing is not really his cup of tea.

He finally got a new respite worker to come and play with him once a week. She seems very nice. I was impressed that she could tell that when she holds 2 books out for him to choose and he doesn't make a choice, that means he doesn't like his choices and wants different books. I had not mentioned that to her, and it is definitely not something that everyone gets about him. So I think she will probably be a good fit for him.