Monday, May 3, 2010

Something new.

Today I noticed that Jackson's arms are quite a bit different in size.  I was trying to warm him up after he got off the bus (they gave him an air conditioned bus per his IEP, but it was a bit much today).  While I was rubbing his arms, I thought his arms did not feel the same.  So I measured and his left arm is a full half inch larger in diameter than his right arm at the wrist and a quarter inch larger at the elbow!

I have also thought several times recently that his left leg looks quite a bit longer than the right while he was sitting in his wheelchair.  But then sometimes it looks fine, so then I think to myself that he was probably just sitting crooked.

His left side is his preferred side so I guess it does make sense.  Something to ask the ortho about...guess it's lucky we have an appointment tomorrow.