Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Drama of the week

So Monday was a normal day.  Zoe, my little monkey, was begging to get swung around so of course I had to do it.  She kept on asking for more and more, she was even saying "please".  Until something snapped in her arm! :(

Usually she is pretty upset immediately after she gets hurt but then I nurse her a bit or give her some ice and she is fine.  Not this time.  She would immediately start crying when anyone would move her arm at all.  So I took her to the ER (our pediatrician's office was already closed).  They were pretty sure the arm was not broken and that it was something called Nursemaid's Elbow.  So the NP felt around her arm and put it back into place and was confident that she was good to go.  But Zoe was still not willing to move it and when the doctor touched it she started to freak out.  So we did end up having to get some x-rays.  No, it was not broken so we finally got to go home.

The next morning she was moving her arm and using it like normal.  Thank goodness!  And she still begs me to swing her around (but obviously I'm not doing that anymore!)