Wednesday, July 7, 2010

YAY!!!!

I am very excited that Jackson has just been accepted into the Starlight Children's Foundation Great Escapes program! This is a "non-profit organization dedicated to helping seriously ill children and their families cope with their pain, fear, and isolation through entertainment, education, and family activities.  The Great Escapes program provides a variety of special activities for seriously ill children and their families which are designed to relieve the stress and anxiety that serious illness imposes, and most importantly, allow for you to have FUN!"*

Some online friends of mine suggested we apply for it, and the first application I sent got lost.  I sent it again and we just got the package today.  I am really excited for Jackson to get to do some fun stuff outside of school!  It is really hard for us to think of things he would like to do, that he would be able to do, that we would be able to afford.


*I don't think of Jackson as being "seriously ill".  In fact, for a kid with as many health issues as he has, I would consider him pretty darn healthy!  But he fits the criteria of the program, so that is the important thing.