Wednesday, September 1, 2010

2nd grade

Jackson started 2nd grade this week.  As usual, he loves school!  Much better than sitting around the house being bored with Mom.  He has the same teacher this year.  He is the only boy in his class this year!  I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. ;)

We had another incident today with his pump not being on the chair when he arrived at home today.  I noticed right away as I was taking him up the walk from the bus and I was able to ask his bus aide (also the same one from last year) but she didn't know anything about it...she's with another class during the day so she doesn't get his stuff ready to go.  I called the nurse right away when we got in the house and as I was calling her, she was also calling me.  She told me she would be able to drop it off as she was leaving the school, thank goodness. (Jackson is no longer fed continuously so we could have made due without it for a half a day but it is so much easier to have it!)  Then the bus aide called me and told me she had talked to the nurse and that the nurse said that she would drop it off on her way home.

I really love the way everyone at the school takes care of him.  It makes me feel really happy that we made the right choice moving here so he could go to this school.  Especially if you think back to some of the crap that happened back at his old school.  (If you don't remember or are new to the blog you can read here, here, or here. There are more but these are some of the biggies.)

We have been having a small bit of construction done at our house right now...getting a ceiling fan installed in the living room and a fan in the bathroom.  It has been a little more disruptive than I thought it would be.  The living room is our main room.  We do everything in there...all the toys are in there, the TV, computer, the music, Jackson's futon so he can chill before and after school, we even have a table in there so we can eat nearby him.  With this room out of commission for most of the day for the last 3 days, it has been challenging.  And the bathroom...well, you know. Hopefully they will be all done by Friday.  (They had to run electric up to both rooms, cut a bunch of plaster out, drill hole in brick for the bathroom fan exhaust,and then patch everything up which is why it is taking so long)