Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am very upset about this

Last Tuesday was the first day of school. That night I noticed he was developing bruises on his arms that look like fingerprints. It looks like someone does not know how to lift him properly and is not being very careful with him.

I noticed these same type of bruises from time to time during last year (but never this bad!), but I never knew if it was me (possible I guess though I really did not think it was me), or if he was getting them at his private therapy, or if it happened at school. Since school ended for the summer I have not seen any bruises even though I still lift him and he still goes to therapy. But for the first day of school they were back, and much worse than normal.

Yes, leave it to my happy guy to smile as I am taking pics of his bruises...

So I wrote a note in his notebook for his teacher and emailed the principal. The principal said that he saw the bruises and assured me it would not happen again. He said that all the people who work in the classroom have been trained in the proper way to lift, but they obviously need to have some more training. I took his word that the problem will be addressed and will not happen again.

BUT...this morning I noticed more bruises in the same exact place!!! Maybe there is someone who only sees him on Tuesdays since both incidents happened on Tuesday. But whatever, it should not be happening at all! It is very upsetting!!! What is wrong with these people!?
.
Lee has a call in to the principal but he was not in today.
.
You can see the faded bruises behind the new ones.