Sunday, April 22, 2007

Went to the zoo today!

As we were walking by the carousel, I stopped and asked them if there was any way Jackson could ride. They said sure, that we could be first on next time, they have a ramp and a special place for wheelchairs to sit. So Jackson got to have his first carousel ride! Unfortunately I did not have my camera on me at the time, but I did take a couple pics with my cell...you can't really tell he is on a carousel though.
Then I saw the tram so I asked them as well. The lady selling the tickets said she wasn't sure, so I asked the driver and they said no problem...so he got to ride the tram too!

Jackson fell asleep on the tram ride and then started to overheat, even though I thought the ride was cool and comfy. So we did not stay too long, he is feeling much better now. We are members though, so we can go back whenever we want...probably wait for a cooler day and bring the wheelchair umbrella. I was very impressed with all the accessibility though!