Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jackson's new AFOs

He picked out the strap design and color all by himself. I was surprised he went for the camouflage! They are the same 2 part design we had last time. That works well for him.

Unfortunately, we are sending them back to be modified. They were ordered without exterior heel stabilizer foam, which pretty much make them unusable without shoes. Well, we use them all the time in his stander without shoes so it needs to be added. His last pair had it so I am not really sure why this pair did not since they were both ordered by the same person.

Anyway, here they are...
Photobucket

Photobucket

And here is the "see how much I've grown" shot with all of his AFOs (except for his very first pair, I think I threw them out). He has 2 red pairs because those were not made right so they made another set.
Photobucket

And this will be the last shot of all those AFOs all lined up...I am donating them to Orthoses For Others along with his old TLSOs. I have to admit feeling a little sad to give them away, but they are not doing us any good, they are just taking up space. Better to give them to someone who can make good use of them.