Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Christmas

We have been really busy around here, which is why there has been no update recently. Everyone is fine though.

We had a nice Christmas, just the 4 of us on Christmas day. Then the next day my mom and her husband came to visit for a little bit. Here are some cute pics:

Jackson with his new Chicago Bears hat:
Photobucket

Checking out the cool dinosaur tattoos in his stocking:
Photobucket

Zoe with one of her presents. This pic does a good job of showing how blond she is:
Photobucket

And our little cheerleader on game day. Unfortunately the Bears blew it bigtime!
Photobucket


In other news, we are going out looking at several properties this coming week. I don't have great hopes for any of them for various reasons but I guess you never know until you see a place in person.

I don't think I ever updated about what the new palliative doctor decided to do as far as testing. It was a big fiasco trying to get him to get back to us but he finally did after nearly a month. Anyway, Jackson is going to have several tests in early February that hopefully will give us some clues on how to treat his dysautonomia. He will be having an EMG and an NCV which measure how the muscles and the nerves in his body are working and he will also have a head CT to compare to the ones he has had in the past. I looked on the orders for the tests and the doctor had written "progressive dysautonomia" as the diagnosis. I had not thought of his dysautonomia as progressive until recently but I suppose it makes sense thinking back on things. They hope to figure out if the dysautonomia is secondary to his brain injury (which I am thinking it most likely is) or if it is a primary dysautonomia.