Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pump problems!

Jackson's enteral (tube feeding) pump broke today. It was fine yesterday but today would not run without alarming and showing an error on the screen. Luckily he is not on continuous feeds anymore so we are able to give him his food and water by syringe when necessary. I called the home health company and they sent a new one out. I got his dinner time feeding all ready to go, put it into the feeding pump bag, and put the bag into the new pump. As soon as I closed the pump door it started alarming and showing a different error. Shutting it off and turning it back on did not help.

I called again and the lady I was talking to kept saying it had to be something I was doing since it was a brand new pump. Trust me, I have used this pump for years now and I know how it works, it was NOT me...plus all I did was close the door and it started alarming. She said she would check with the nurse and call me back. I guess she called the pump manufacturer and they told her I needed a new pump because they are coming back again tonight with another new pump. Hopefully the new new one will actually work.