Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sleeping in her own room

It's going ok. The first night we tried sleeping her in her crib. It was better than I thought it would be. She woke up 3 times, and all she wanted was to nurse back to sleep. She was mad when I tried to change her diaper.

The second night was not good. She woke up a lot...I don't even know how many times. I couldn't take it anymore and made Lee go in sometime in the early morning. Now Lee is usually pretty good at daddy stuff, but he was not helpful in this instance. When he left her (after only 15 or so minutes!) she was still awake. And so I had to go back in anyway. Grrrr! So I tried the futon after that so I could lie with her and nurse and she seemed to like that better, not to mention I could get some sleep too. I went back to my own bed later and she slept well in her queen sized futon.

The third night was very good. We decided the futon was the way to go. I only had to go in twice after I went to bed. Last night was less good, but still ok. It's a process I guess.