Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Zoe Update

She is still not feeling well but definitely better than she did at the last post. I am also not feeling well so I am guessing we have the same thing.

She has been sleeping in her crib the last few nights. I had slept with her in the futon practically the whole night the night she was feeling really bad, but then it seemed like she expected me to be there all the time again. So I decided to try a modified CIO, with me in the room trying to comfort her from outside the crib. When she got too hysterical I'd nurse her again and then she went right to sleep and I was then able to place her in the crib and leave. Now I can just nurse her and put her down and most of the time she will roll over to her stomach and go right to sleep. Sleeping through the night is a whole 'nother issue though!

She is still not crawling but it should be soon. She is getting more of her body off the ground and is very good at wiggling around on her tummy.

The big news of the day: she signed "milk" to me several times today! I have been doing a little bit of signing with her for probably about a month now. I have been pretty consistent with it. I think I need to learn some more signs now, since I don't really know very many.