Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meeting his little sis for the first time

I don't think Jackson knew quite what to make of her, but they sure are sweet together!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Zoe is doing really well. She is sleeping well and eating really well. We got discharged from the hospital at just over 24 hours from her birth. I so wanted to get back home and see my guy, and I felt amazingly good (my back hurts but otherwise I feel great). Zoe gained 3 oz according to the pediatrician's scale at her first check up yesterday, which is not surprising to me since she eats so much!

I had to go out today and buy her smaller clothes, she is such a little peanut. We had been told that she was going to be a big baby like Jackson was. But after I got diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I was very careful with my diet and also had to take insulin to control it. I guess it worked since she came out so much smaller than expected.

My mom has been here helping out with watching one kid or another, making valences for the baby's room, and just being a wonderful granny. We could definitely not have made this work without her.

Daddy is totally smitten!
Photobucket

Photobucket